Sticky Pomegranate Meatballs are a fun, Moroccan twist on a meatball! Loaded with fresh herbs and then glazed with a sweet, sticky pomegranate sauce, they are bound to tickle your tastebuds!
- 2 pounds ground beef (or venison)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pomegranate seeds and additional fresh parsley for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, gently mix together the ground beef, egg, seasoned salt,1/4 cup chopped parsley, green onion, garlic and Worcestershire until just combined. Roll 1/4 cup scoops of the meat mixture into 20 or so meatballs. Place them on a baking sheet that is fitted with a wire rack and bake the meatballs for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the pomegranate juice over low heat. Whisk together the corn starch and water in a small bowl, then whisk it into the pomegranate juice. Gently bring to a low simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. Add the meatballs into the pomegranate sauce and toss to coat. Enjoy!