The fact that I’ve made these Salted Peanut Butter Scotcharoos three times in the past couple weeks just speaks for itself! Bring back all of your childhood memories in one bite of these Salted Peanut Butter Scotcharoos. A chewy, peanut butter crispy cereal base is topped with decadent, melted dark chocolate and butterscotch chips and then lightly speckled with flaky salt to kick the flavors up a notch.
One of the best things about this dessert, besides biting into one of them, is how simple they are to make! No baking required for this quick and scrumptious dessert recipe. They are a great for feeding a crowd, or just to have on hand. You could make them in advance and not even have to worry about dessert!
I could get lost in the chocolatey-butterscotch swirls on top of the peanut butter crispy. The combination of dark chocolate and butterscotch is one of my favorites. I have to try hard to not eat all the chips before they are melted. What can I say? It’s a perfect combination!
Bring back all of your childhood memories in one bite of these Salted Peanut Butter Scotcharoos. A chewy, peanut butter crispy cereal base is topped with decadent, melted dark chocolate and butterscotch chips and then lightly speckled with flaky salt to kick the flavors up a notch.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 16 oz bag marshmallows
- 8 cups puffed rice cereal
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 11 oz butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon flaky salt
- In a large pot, melt the butter, peanut butter and marshmallows together over medium-low heat for about 3-5 minutes, or until completely melted and smooth. Be careful to not over-cook at this point or you will have hard Scotcharoos at the end.
- Turn the heat off and use a rubber spatula to fold the puffed rice cereal into the melted marshmallow mixture until combined. Grease a 9×13 baking pan and use the rubber spatula to evenly spread the puffed rice mixture into the pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate and butterscotch chips. Melt for 30 seconds, stir and then melt for another 30 seconds and stir. Add on an additional 15 seconds if the chips haven’t melted completely yet. Pour the melted chocolate over the scotcharoo base and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle with the flaky salt.
- Let the scotcharoos set, uncovered, at room temperature for 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!