This Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect baked good to fill your house with warmth and want to make you go back for another slice. The wonderful combination of cozy cinnamon and nutmeg pair perfectly with the delightful pumpkin and fruity banana. Slice into it when it is ever-so-slightly still warm from the oven, smear a little bit of soft butter across it and you have the most scrumptious bite of Pumpkin Banana Bread.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides of the bowl in between each addition.
- With the mixer speed on low, mix in the bananas, pumpkin puree and vanilla until smooth and combined, about a couple minutes. Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until combined. Pour the batter into a greased bread pan (standard size) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Allow the pumpkin banana bread to cool slightly in the pan before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.