Fall is in full swing and you know what that means: all things PUMPKIN! This Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect baked good to fill your house with warmth and want to make you go back for another slice. The wonderful combination of cozy cinnamon and nutmeg pair perfectly with the delightful pumpkin and fruity banana. Slice into it when it is ever-so-slightly still warm from the oven, smear a little bit of soft butter across it and you have the most scrumptious bite of Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Pumpkin and banana pair perfectly together. They both deliver a slightly sweet flavor that our tastebuds know so well. Put them together and you have a match made in heaven. Your house will smell like one of those wonderful autumn candles with this Pumpkin Banana Bread baking away in your oven.
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or could easily be turned into a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a caramel drizzle. We are in a no judgement zone here – all things go.Print
Pumpkin Banana Bread
This Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect baked good to fill your house with warmth and want to make you go back for another slice. The wonderful combination of cozy cinnamon and nutmeg pair perfectly with the delightful pumpkin and fruity banana. Slice into it when it is ever-so-slightly still warm from the oven, smear a little bit of soft butter across it and you have the most scrumptious bite of Pumpkin Banana Bread.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Turn the mixer speed down to low and mix in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the edges of the bowl in between each addition.
- With the mixer speed on low, add in the ripe bananas until they are combined. Add in the pumpkin pureé and vanilla extract and mix to combine. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. With the mixer speed on low, slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined bread loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, reduce the heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- After cooling completely, this Pumpkin Banana Bread can be stored in an air-tight bag or container for a couple days.
- The reduced temperature half way through the baking process is to prevent the exterior of the bread from baking/browning too quickly before the interior is cooked all the way through.