Grilled Spatchcock Chicken is simply a chicken that has been butterflied and had the backbone removed. This results in a perfect, easy and delicious way to grill up a chicken! No frills are necessary, because this recipe lets the taste of a grilled chicken speak for itself.
- 3 1/2–4 pound chicken, spatchcocked (butterflied)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and your oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme and seasoned salt. Generously season all sides of the chicken.
- Grill the chicken starting skin-side down for 5-7 minutes. Flip it over and grill the other side for another 5-7 minutes. Place the chicken on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the middle reads 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before carving. Enjoy!