If your garden or herb box is overflowing with basil right now, this is just the recipe for you! Pesto Pappardelle is a simple recipe that lets the vibrant flavors of fresh basil and tomatoes shine. Perfect for a fresh, summer meal! Even if you don’t have basil growing like weeds in your back yard, this recipe is just as delicious with store-bought basil and tomatoes.
A classic basil pesto swirled together with pappardelle pasta, bursting tomatoes and topped with a generous amount of parmesan cheese to make a delightfully delicious meal. You could easily top this pasta off with some grilled chicken or shrimp to make it more of a complete meal, but it sure is delicious on it’s own!
Even though this is a classic summer dish, it can easily be made any time of the year. Most grocery stores keep a fresh stock of basil and tomatoes year-round, so you should be all set to go.
Grab a fork and swirl up a big ol’ bite of this Pesto Pappardelle and do your happy dance.
Pesto Pappardelle is a simple recipe that lets the vibrant flavors of fresh basil and tomatoes shine. Perfect for a fresh, summer meal! Even if you don’t have basil growing like weeds in your back yard, this recipe is just as delicious with store-bought basil and tomatoes.
- 5 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz pappardelle
- Fresh tomatoes if desired for topping
- In a food processor, pulse together to basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper until a smooth pesto forms.
- Cook the pappardelle according to package instructions. Drain and toss the hot pasta with the pesto until combined. Serve with fresh tomatoes if desired.
- Pesto is such a versatile sauce and can be paired with any pasta shape!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!