A decadent chocolate cookie swirled together with chocolate chips and gooey peanut butter to make a match made in heaven. You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter if you ask me!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and peanut butter until smooth.
- With the mixer speed on low, mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until a dough forms. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, scoop the cookie dough into balls onto a non-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies have set in the middle. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!