I say that any day is good to have a cookie. Especially these Double Chocolate Walnut Chip Cookies. Think of the most decadent, double chocolate chip cookie that you can, toss in some slightly salty, nutty walnuts and let it all just dissolve on your tongue as you take another bite. Sold yet? I sure am! I’m pretty much sold on anything chocolate.
First you have a chocolate cookie base, then you mix in melty chocolate chips and finish it off with crunchy walnuts. Talk about a perfect match! Watch out peanut butter and jelly, these cookies are comin’ for ya.
Pour yourself a tall glass of milk because you are not going to want to stop eating these! They almost take on a brownie-like consistency and are just heavenly. I think they make the perfect sweet treat, snack, dessert to share or not to share, or curb any chocolate craving. Walk into a party (or holiday) with a bag of these bad boys and you might as well do a mic drop. You’re welcome.
Bake up these Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies and watch them disappear!
Double Chocolate Walnut Chip Cookies
I say that any day is good to have a cookie. Especially these Double Chocolate Walnut Chip Cookies. Think of the most decadent, double chocolate chip cookie that you can, toss in some slightly salty, nutty walnuts and let it all just dissolve on your tongue as you take another bite. Sold yet? I sure am!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25 cookies 1x
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly in between each addition and wipe down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer speed on low, slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until a dough forms, about a couple minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips and walnuts into the dough until combined. Scoop the dough onto an un-greased baking sheet using a tablespoon scoop and placing the dough about 2 inches apart from each other on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the centers have set, being careful to not over-cook the edges or bottoms of the cookies. Repeat until all the dough has been used.