You guys, I have this Carrot & Cream Cheese Bundt Cake sitting in my refrigerator right now and I can’t stop sneaking bites of it throughout the day! Imagine this: digging your fork into a fluffy, cinnamon-speckled carrot cake that has a waterfall of the most decadent, light and fluffy cream cheese frosting imaginable. And then going back for more and more. At least that’s what we’ve been doing! This Carrot & Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is a classic combination that you can never go wrong with.
I could just eat that cream cheese frosting with a spoon, and I did. No shame in that! The grated carrot gives the bundt cake a wonderful, deep orange color and natural sweetness that will make your tastebuds sing. Put those two together and you have a match made in heaven.
I think that carrot cake is good for anytime of the year, but with Spring and Easter right around the corner, it definitely makes for the perfect dessert to have on your menu! Bundt cakes are great to feed a crowd (or just you and your husband nibbling away on it in the fridge 😉 and deliver a “wow” factor without all the work.
Get this bundt cake baking away in your oven, whip up a batch of the creamiest cream cheese frosting and be on your way to carrot cake bliss!
Imagine this: digging your fork into a fluffy, cinnamon-speckled carrot cake that has a waterfall of the most decadent, light and fluffy cream cheese frosting imaginable. And then going back for more and more. At least that’s what we’ve been doing! This Carrot & Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is a classic combination that you can never go wrong with.
For the cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrot
For the frosting:
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil and eggs until combined and slightly frothy, about a minute or so. Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt and whisk until there are no lumps left and you have a smooth batter. Fold in the shredded carrot.
- Pour the cake batter into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a minute. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one cup of powdered sugar at a time until completely combined. Mix in the heavy cream until you have a smooth, slightly runny frosting.
- After the cake has cooled completely evenly pour the frosting over the top of the bundt cake and allow the frosting to run down the sides. Enjoy!
- Sometimes bundt pans can be tricky to work with and some of the top of the cake may stick to the pan. You can grease and flour the pan to help with this as well. Even if part of the cake sticks to the pan, carefully place it back into place and cover it with frosting. No one needs to know 🙂
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!