Take your average sloppy joe to a whole other level with these BBQ Braised Short Ribs! Rich, decadent short ribs braised low in slow in a wonderful bbq tomato sauce that will leave you reaching for a napkin between every bite. That’s what a sloppy joe is all about, right? The messier, the better! Your tastebuds won’t believe what’s happening to them when you bite into one of these bad boys.
- 8 short ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or braising pan. Generously season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown all sides of the short ribs and set aside after browning.
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant, about a couple minutes. Pour in the tomato sauce, bbq sauce and beef stock and stir to combine. Add the short ribs back into the sauce and nestle them in. Bring the sauce to a low boil.
- Cover the short ribs with a lid and carefully transfer them to the oven. Braise and bake them for 2 hours, or until the meat is fork-tender and falls off the bone. Remove the meat from the bones (discard the bones), shred the meat and stir to combine with the sauce. Enjoy!