Sometimes in life all you need is a good cookie. Or two or three! Peanut butter and chocolate go together like Tom & Jerry, so when you put them into a cookie together you have a perfect match! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed full of rich chocolate chips, and smoothed out by the velvety taste of peanut butter. They are little chocolate peanut butter pillows of delight and you may just want to eat them all.
What I love so much about cookies is how they can be planned out, or just made on a whim. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies were the later of the two options. It was snowy, cold and, quite frankly, the perfect, cloudy weather for food photography. So, I set out my butter, preheated my oven, turned on the Food Network and got to work!
Don’t worry, you get to lick the peanut butter spoon while you are waiting for these little babies to bake away in the oven. One of the perks about being the cook, no one will ever know that you did.
This is basically a chocolate chip cookie taken to the next level. The peanut butter helps make them extra velvety, rich, slightly nutty and all sorts of delicious. It’s a cookie made out of simple ingredients that you most likely have sitting in your refrigerator and cupboards. Nothing fancy, just a good, old-fashioned cookie.
Dunk these straight into a glass of cold milk and you will be ready to be tucked into bed in no time. Bake these up for any family gathering, weeknight dessert, holiday, party, date night, or any other reason that you need a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie in your life. Which, if you ask me, could be just because you need a cookie. Life is better with cookies, don’t you think?Print
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed full of rich chocolate chips, and smoothed out by the velvety taste of peanut butter. They are little chocolate peanut butter pillows of delight and you may just want to eat them all. It’s a cookie made out of simple ingredients that you most likely have sitting in your refrigerator and cupboards. Nothing fancy, just a good old-fashioned cookie.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18-20 cookies 1x
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides and bottom of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and peanut butter on low speed until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. With the mixer speed on low, slowly add the flour mixture into the butter and peanut butter mixture. Mix until a dough has formed, about a minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the dough until completely incorporated. Scoop the dough in rounded tablespoons onto a non-greased baking sheet, spacing them at least a couple inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden brown and being careful to not over-cook the bottoms of the cookies.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!
- You can use either smooth or chunky peanut butter depending on your preference. I always go with smooth!
- Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips can be used in this recipe.