Sometimes in life all you need is a good cookie. Or two or three! Peanut butter and chocolate go together like Tom & Jerry, so when you put them into a cookie together you have a perfect match! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed full of rich chocolate chips, and smoothed out by the velvety taste of peanut butter. They are little chocolate peanut butter pillows of delight and you may just want to eat them all.
What I love so much about cookies is how they can be planned out, or just made on a whim. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies were the later of the two options. It was snowy, cold and, quite frankly, the perfect, cloudy weather for food photography. So, I set out my butter, preheated my oven, turned on the Food Network and got to work!
Don’t worry, you get to lick the peanut butter spoon while you are waiting for these little babies to bake away in the oven. One of the perks about being the cook, no one will ever know that you did.
This is basically a chocolate chip cookie taken to the next level. The peanut butter helps make them extra velvety, rich, slightly nutty and all sorts of delicious. It’s a cookie made out of simple ingredients that you most likely have sitting in your refrigerator and cupboards. Nothing fancy, just a good, old-fashioned cookie.
Dunk these straight into a glass of cold milk and you will be ready to be tucked into bed in no time. Bake these up for any family gathering, weeknight dessert, holiday, party, date night, or any other reason that you need a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie in your life. Which, if you ask me, could be just because you need a cookie. Life is better with cookies, don’t you think?
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed full of rich chocolate chips, and smoothed out by the velvety taste of peanut butter. They are little chocolate peanut butter pillows of delight and you may just want to eat them all.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and peanut butter until smooth.
- With the mixer speed on low, mix in the flour, baking soda and salt until combined and a cookie dough has formed. Gently mix in the chocolate chips. Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, scoop the cookie dough out into balls onto a non-greased baking sheet, placing them a couple inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on top. Let them cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!