A roasted chicken for dinner is timeless and home-warming. Whether you’re talking about a weeknight meal or a Sunday dinner, a chicken dinner is always the winner! So why not go outside the chicken dinner box a little bit? Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken is the perfect way to amp up your usual weeknight or weekend dinner! It is packed full of rich flavors to transport your tastebuds. From sweet honey, to nutty sesame, to salty soy sauce and umami packed hoisin, this Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken is a perfectly balanced punch in every bite.
When you place this Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken on the table, you will wow everyone you are feeding! You know that greasy, rich, super satisfying but yet really un-healthy sesame chicken you get when you order Chinese take out? Well, you roast up this chicken and you just met it’s match! Toss out all of the guilt of eating it, though, because this chicken is all sorts of good for you. The secret is in the sauce. After the chicken is done roasting, serve it up with brown rice, a green veggie of choice and then spoon the sauce from the bottom of the pan all over your plate. Trust me, it’s that good!
The chicken will naturally get all sorts of crispy and golden while you are roasting it, so you won’t even miss the fried version! The bed of onions and carrots that you roast the chicken on top of soak up all of the wonderful juices from the sauce and are a perfect side to serve along side this chicken.
Your house will smell crazy good once you get this Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken roasting away in your oven. Going back for seconds is encouraged and leftovers are going to be fought over. You don’t want to miss out on this one! Whether you have a blizzard blowing outside your window or the sun shining on the ocean, this Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken is perfect for all climates and occasions.
Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken is the perfect way to amp up your usual weeknight or weekend dinner! It is packed full of rich flavors to transport your tastebuds. From sweet honey, to nutty sesame, to salty soy sauce and umami packed hoisin, this Honey Sesame Roasted Chicken is a perfectly balanced punch in every bite.
- (1) 4-5 pound chicken
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the onions and carrots in the bottom of a large Dutch oven or roasting pot. Set the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, hoisin, soy sauce, honey, garlic, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and half of the chopped green onions. Evenly pour the sauce all over the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with a lid and roast for 1 hour, basting the chicken every 15-20 minutes with the sauce from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees and roast the chicken un-covered for another 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees. Top with remaining sauce on the bottom of the pan and the remaining chopped green onion.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!