These Ultimate Fudge Brownies bring home all the bacon. The fudge reaches all new levels in this decadent bite. Chocolate chips swirled and baked into a cocoa rich brownie and then topped with a fudge frosting so good you’ll be licking the spoon.
For the brownie batter:
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the fudge frosting:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly between each addition and wiping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture into the butter and sugars until a dough forms and the ingredients are combined. Stir in the 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.
- Spray and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 35-38 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- To make the fudge frosting, bring the heavy cream to a very low simmer in a small saucepan. Whisk in the dark chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and continue to whisk until the mixture is melted together and smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Be careful to not let the mixture boil.
- Pour the fudge frosting over the top of the slightly cooled brownies and spread to all the edges to cover evenly. Let the frosting set for 10-15 minutes prior to cutting. Enjoy!