Yesterday was totally one of those days where everything didn’t go according to plan or how I thought things would turn out. I never burn dinner, and I burned dinner. Kraft macaroni and cheese ended up saving us from driving into town for Chick-Fil-A or Chipotle, but sometimes that’s just how life goes and it’s ok! What also made it ok was that I had these Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to secretly munch on in the dark kitchen before going to bed. Cookies always save the day.
Isn’t it crazy that we are almost to December, which means Christmas is right around the corner?! It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I absolutely love Christmas, gathering with family, eating and baking yummy goodies, Christmas music blaring and snuggling up with the pups by the Christmas tree. Totally typical, but SO good. What comes along with Christmas? CHRISTMAS COOKIES. These Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun and delicious spin on the classic chocolate chipper! Trust me, they are more simple to make than you think. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk, because you have some cookies to eat.
What is also so great about these cookies is that they can be made year-round. They aren’t stuck in your Christmas cookie arsenal and make a delicious treat or secret nibble before going to bed. Raise of hands who can relate to sneaking a cookie out of the bag on the counter before jumping into bed? You just gotta!
Preheat your oven and get these cookies baking away this Christmas season! Trust me, they will be fast going in any Christmas cookie exchange. Or just eating them by yourself. Either way, these little babies are good.
These Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun and delicious spin on the classic chocolate chipper! Trust me, they are more simple to make than you think. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk, because you have some cookies to eat.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 14 soft caramels, unwrapped
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time, making sure to wipe down the edges in between each addition. Add in the vanilla and mix until combined.
- With the mixer speed on low, slowly add in the flour mixture to the eggs and butter until a dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined, being careful to not over-mix the dough. Refrigerate and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To form the cookies, scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a non-greased cookie sheet, about 2-3 inches apart (I could fit 6 on my standard size baking sheet). Lightly press a caramel into the center of each cookie dough ball to fit the caramel in and slightly flatten the dough. Top each caramel with another tablespoon scoop of cookie dough, making sure to press down slightly (but not flatten) so that the caramel is completely covered with dough and it won’t bake out the sides. Continue this process until all the cookies are formed.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown and cooked through. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven before transferring them to a plate or rack to cool as you will want the caramels to set slightly before moving.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!