S’mores Hot Chocolate. Are you ready for this?! Because I have been anxiously waiting for the temps to drop to whip out these bad boys! This is like the ultimate hot chocolate recipe that you just gotta have! This is where you would insert all the heart-eyed emojis that you can, because there is just so much love for this drink! When you lay eyes on them, you will have the same heart-eyes as those little, yellow emojis. All the love.
Hot chocolate just screams Fall and Winter to me as you are typically sipping on creamy, hot chocolate goodness when you come in from adventuring out in the colder weather, braving the cooler temperatures with hot chocolate in your mitten-covered hands, or needing a warm treat while the leaves or snow are falling outside. Can you feel it? Do you have the mittens or the freezing cold fingers? Mine are always freezing cold no matter what I do, so you better believe I am all over that hot chocolate!
This drink is perfect for all cold weather occasions, but is so fun to whip up to shock a crowd or your family! It is a show-stopper and you don’t even have to break a sweat making it. Picture the look on your guest’s faces if you serve this up at a fall festive party, holiday bash or casual get-together. Please refer back to the heart-eyed emojis. Oooo, how fun would it be to have some sort of little flame that your guests could roast their own marshmallows?! SO fun. If you trust them, let them use your gas stove top if you have one, or you may have to revert to a very strong-flamed candle or blow torch. You’ll have to make that judgement call.
All of the wonderful, sticky, chocolate, and roasted goodness of a s’mores is wrapped up in this warm mug of hot chocolate. The chocolate dipped, graham cracker coated rim is just a must. It pulls together all of the s’mores flavors and delivers a bang in appearance. White carpet warning: you don’t have to make them as messy as pictured to save your house from gooey, chocolate stains. Each sip or gulp out of these mugs of S’mores Hot Chocolate will warm the back of your throat and your tummy as you close your eyes and give a chocolate-coated grin. You may want to have some paper towels or napkins ready to go.
This recipe is very versatile as it can be made in advance and reheated prior to serving. You could even warm it up in a slow cooker and have guests ladle-up their own mug! It’s just the same, perfect hot chocolate flavor the next day that you can’t resist. You could also make this an adult beverage by adding in Amaretto or Kahlua liquor instead of the extracts listed below. I would say to just add a shot of desired liquor into each mug served. This can be adjusted to your liking for a stronger or weaker beverage.
Break out this show-stopper hot chocolate without breaking a sweat and watch the heart-eyes start to pop up all around you.
All of the wonderful, sticky, chocolate, and roasted goodness of a s’mores is wrapped up in this warm mug of hot chocolate. The chocolate dipped, graham cracker coated rim is just a must. It pulls together all of the s’mores flavors and delivers a bang in appearance.
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 8 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate bar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz crushed graham crackers (one pack of graham crackers)
- Marshmallows for topping (regular, little or big)
- In a deep pot, slowly heat the milk over medium-low heat until steaming. Be careful to not let the milk boil as it will cause the drink to not be smooth. Whisk in 6 oz of the semi-sweet baking chocolate bar and whisk until it has melted into the milk and is a smooth mixture, about a few minutes. Whisk in the cocoa powder, almond extract and vanilla extract until smooth and blended. Reduce the heat to low and keep the hot chocolate warm until ready to serve. If you are making this ahead of time, this is where you would let the mixture cool and store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, slowly bring the hot chocolate back up to temperature to keep it smooth and frothy.
- To make the chocolate dipped, graham cracker rims, melt the remaining 2 oz of semi-sweet baking chocolate on a plate in the microwave for about 45 seconds, or until melted. Pour the crushed graham crackers out on a separate plate. Working with one mug at a time, dip the rim in the melted chocolate and then into the crushed graham crackers to coat. Let the rims set for a couple minutes prior to filling the mug with the hot chocolate. Serve with roasted marshmallows on top.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!