Take one bite of this Apple Pie Cobbler and it’s like the sweet apple pie of your dreams without all the work! Don’t forget about the quick caramel sauce topping, because what isn’t better with caramel drizzled on top of it?
For the cobbler:
- 5 apples of choice (peeled or skins on), cored and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 16 oz can of biscuits, approximately 8 biscuits, each cut into fourths
For the caramel drizzle:
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the apples, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon until the apples are coated. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- Arrange the biscuit pieces evenly across the top of the apple mixture. Sprinkle the top of the biscuits with the additional 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Bake for 25 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 325 and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and the apples are bubbling underneath and soft.
- While the cobbler is baking, start the caramel sauce about 10 minutes prior to serving the cobbler. In a small saucepan, bring the sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and the vanilla extract to a low simmer over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Continue to let it bubble and stir it until the mixture darkens slightly to a caramel color, about 10 minutes. Keep warm until serving (otherwise it will thicken) and stir in the milk completely prior to drizzling the caramel sauce onto the cobbler.