These cookies bake up to a pillowy perfection. Even though they are decadently delicious the way that they are, you could easily frost these cookies with a chocolate or peanut butter frosting. Or just smear them with some extra peanut butter, because more peanut butter is always a good decision!
Even though this Summer has been a golden one and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying eating my weight in watermelon and peaches, I can’t wait for Fall and Winter to roll around! Call me crazy, but Fall and Winter are my top two favorite seasons of the year! There’s just something about feeling cozy, comfort food and the holidays that make my heart happy. Plus, you don’t get judged for wearing UGG boots and yoga pants everywhere, so that’s basically a best-life circumstance.
Bake up a batch of these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and enjoy them any time of the year!Print
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
A decadent chocolate cookie swirled together with chocolate chips and gooey peanut butter to make a match made in heaven. You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter if you ask me!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 22 cookies
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Add in the peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- With the blender speed on low, add in one egg at a time until completely combined, making sure to wipe down the edges of the bowl in between each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. With the blender speed on low, slowly add the flour mixture into butter mixture until completely combined and a dough forms. Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a non-greased cookie sheet using a rounded tablespoon scoop and about a couple inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies have set. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down. Repeat until all the cookie dough is used.