I couldn’t be more excited about sharing this recipe, because it is definitely one of our new favorites! Grilled Asian Flank Steaks with Pineapple Salsa will become one of your new Summer grilling go-to’s! The steaks are marinated to have an Asian flare and then grilled to perfection, and then topped of with a sweet, spicy, zesty pineapple salsa to make your tastebuds sing! Simple ingredients paired together perfectly to create a delicious meal.
The inspiration for these flank steaks came from my mother-in-law and the delicious steaks she grilled up for the Fourth of July. I just knew I had to make them again! The flank steaks are marinated in a combination of soy sauce, honey and garlic to give them a salty, sweet and zesty flavor profile. The pineapple salsa is tossed together with fresh pineapple, sweet baby heirloom tomatoes, bright cilantro and peppery red onion to make the best topping you could imagine for these flank steaks.
These steaks are perfect to grill up for a weeknight meal for the family (or yourself), a weekend grill-out or a fun party meal. Your guests will love every bite and will be asking for more! How fun would it be to serve this up family style and let every one dig in? Count me in!Print
Grilled Asian Flank Steaks with Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Asian Flank Steaks with Pineapple Salsa will become one of your new Summer grilling go-to’s! The steaks are marinated to have an Asian flare and then grilled to perfection, and then topped of with a sweet, spicy, zesty pineapple salsa to make your tastebuds sing! Simple ingredients paired together perfectly to create a delicious meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour marinating time
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes prep/cook time + 1 hour marinating time
- Yield: Serves 5-6
- 2 – 2 or 3 lb flank steaks
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic and honey until combined. Place the steaks in a 13×9 pan and pour the marinade over the steaks, making sure all sides of the steaks get coated in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least and hour, and up to a day in advance. Flip the steaks in the marinade half way through however long you are marinating to ensure all sides of the steaks are being marinated the same. Bring the steaks to room temperature prior to grilling.
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat. For a medium center on the steaks, grill them 4 1/2 – 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once for a total of about 10 minutes on the grill depending on desired doneness. Remove from the grill and let the steaks rest 5-10 minutes prior to cutting.
- While the steaks are cooking or resting, combine the pineapple, baby heirloom tomatoes, red onion and cilantro together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Once the steaks have rested, slice them into 1/4 inch slices against the grain of the flank steaks. Doing this will ensure tender cuts of meat. Pour any juices from the steak back over the cut pieces. Top the flank steaks with the pineapple salsa and serve.
- The pineapple salsa can be made a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.