Coconut Cilantro Rice
If you are looking for a fun and festive side dish to change things up a little, this Coconut Cilantro Rice is for you! The coconut milk and cilantro pair perfectly to take a normal side dish to a whole other level.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 13.5 fl oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the rice, water and coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked through. You may have to lift the lid or reduce the heat occasionally to prevent it from boiling over.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and mix in the chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
You can make this recipe on the stove top or in a rice cooker. Either way, save the cilantro for last to mix it in fresh.