Happy grilling season! It’s crazy that we are officially head on into Summer, and that means its time to crank out all the grilled goodies! And s’mores too, because obviously. These Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Sour Crema will make all of your grilling dreams come true! An easy to prepare dinner that is bursting with flavor and disappears quickly. What more could you ask for? An avocado sour crema is what you can ask for. Grill up these Chipotle Chicken Kabobs, dunk or drizzle them with avocado sour crema and devour. Easy as that.
Kabobs are such a fun and easy way to get dinner going. Even if you are new to grilling, kabobs are a good way to start! You have smaller pieces of meat that you are cooking, so you don’t have to worry as much about “doneness” as it will be easier to tell than grilling up a whole chicken. You only have to flip these bad boys once and then you are on your way to a delicious meal! I served these Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Crema with my Coconut Cilantro Rice and it was out of this world delicious! Seriously, we ate it all and leftovers only lasted a day.
These kabobs are perfect for any weeknight dinner, backyard bash, Fourth of July party or a weekend grill-out. They can feed a family or feed a crowd. They really are an all-in-one kind of meal! It’s also a perfect meal-prep option if you are looking to plan your meals in advance. Grill these up and enjoy them over the next couple days – if they last that long!
Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Sour Crema
These Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with Avocado Sour Crema will make all of your grilling dreams come true! An easy to prepare dinner that is bursting with flavor and disappears quickly. What more could you ask for? An avocado sour crema is what you can ask for. Grill up these Chipotle Chicken Kabobs, dunk or drizzle them with avocado sour crema and devour. Easy as that. Simple ingredients put together in a delicious way!
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut evenly into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 7 – 12 inch metal skewers
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, olive oil, chipotle powder and seasoned salt until the chicken pieces are completely coated.
- Evenly divide the chicken pieces amongst the skewers, leaving a couple inches of room at the bottom of the skewers to allow you to flip and handle them easily. About 4-5 pieces of chicken per skewer.
- Grill the chipotle chicken kabobs for about 16 minutes total, flipping all of them half way through. If you are using a meat thermometer, the inside of the chicken should reach 165 degrees. If the chicken is getting too charred, reduce the heat of your grill. Every grill is different, so you will need to monitor them accordingly.
- While the chicken is grilling, place the sour cream, avocado and milk into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to add a splash more of milk if it is too thick.
- Serve the Chipotle Chicken Kabobs with the Avocado Sour Crema. Enjoy!