Happy Cinco de Mayo! We are gearing up for a little shindig here at out house tonight and it wouldn’t be complete without these Berry Smash Lemonades! You guys, I seriously may be addicted to this drink. We may or may not have had it every night for the past week. A classic lemonade is elevated with a fresh strawberry purée, smashed blackberries, and then topped with all the fresh strawberries, blackberries and lemon slices that you could want. It’s basically summer in a glass!
Pull up a chair, grab a mason jar, and pour yourself a glass of this refreshing drink and kick on back. Your glass will be empty before you know it! This Berry Smash Lemonade is perfect for any occasion, as it can be left as is and kid-friendly, or spiked with your alcoholic beverage of choice to give it a little extra something. Make these individual-sized or a whole dang pitcher to share with a crowd (or maybe just for yourself).
So what are you waiting for? This drink is calling your name! I know you can hear it.
Berry Smash Lemonade
A classic lemonade is elevated with a fresh strawberry purée, smashed blackberries, and then topped with all the fresh strawberries, blackberries and lemon slices that you could want. It’s basically summer in a glass!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1.6 QT or about 5 servings
- 16 oz container fresh strawberries, tops trimmed off and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 52 fl oz (1.6 QT) lemonade
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Place all of the strawberries, except for a 1/4 cup of them, into a blender or food processor with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Blend on medium speed until the strawberries are a smooth purée.
- In a small bowl, add half of the blackberries and the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Use the back of a spoon to gently smash the blackberries until they are combined with the sugar and slightly broken down.
- To build the drinks, you can either combine all of the ingredients into a pitcher to serve a crowd, or divide all the ingredients equally in between mason jars or glasses that you would like to use.
- Layer the drinks by starting with the strawberry purée at the bottom, then fresh strawberries on top of that, the muddled blackberries, a couple lemon slices, pour the lemonade over the whole thing and then top it off with fresh blackberries and a lemon slice. Slightly stir to combine everything together.