I am so excited to share this Coconut Curry Chicken & Rice Soup with you guys! Experimenting with new ingredients that you aren’t used to doesn’t need to be scary, trust me! The slightly sweet, creamy coconut milk smooths out the bold flavor of the curry paste to make a soup so delectable that you will want to go back for more. With the addition of the chicken and rice, you have a complete meal that you can’t beat!
I’ve always loved eating curry, but have never ventured out to make it at home. If you’re anything like me, don’t fear! It’s easier than you could have ever imagined and a delicious outcome. I love how this soup is slightly sweet (but not too much) and creamy from the coconut milk and then backed by depths of flavor from the curry paste and chicken.
Not only is this soup packed full of delicious flavors that make your tastebuds sing, but it’s also good for you! Nothing but natural, wholesome ingredients are put into this Coconut Curry Chicken & Rice Soup. Naturally low in fat and high in flavor. Plus, you also get the added health benefits from the chicken, brown rice and veggies.
What’s also so great is that the flavor profile of this soup can be combined with any veggies or toppings you desire. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with a toss of some salty peanuts, a swirl of tangy sour cream, fresh cilantro and chopped red bell peppers. Dig on in and enjoy.Print
Coconut Curry Chicken & Rice Soup
The slightly sweet, creamy coconut milk smooths out the bold flavor of the curry paste to make a soup so delectable that you will want to go back for more. With the addition of the chicken and rice, you have a complete meal that you can’t beat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced and divided in half evenly
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (you can do 3 tablespoons if you like a more dominant curry flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 – 13.5 oz cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 – 32 oz containers chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- Salted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and half of the red bell peppers and sauté until fragrant and translucent, about a couple minutes. Add in the garlic, curry paste and turmeric and stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chicken stock and stir to combine. Bring the soup to a boil and add in the chicken and brown rice. Reduce the heat to a low-medium boil and cook the chicken and rice for about 20 minutes. After about 20 minutes, reduce the soup to a simmer and let simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the brown rice is tender and cooked all the way through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve the soup with desired toppings and remaining diced red bell pepper. Enjoy!
- If you would like to make this soup vegetarian, sub the chicken stock for veggie stock and omit the chicken. You can add in additional veggies or tofu.