Asiago Herb Mashed Potatoes
These Asiago Herb Mashed Potatoes are cheesy, creamy and dreamy. Add in fresh herbs to brighten the dish and you have a perfect mouthful in every bite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8+ servings
- 5 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the potatoes into a large pot and fill with enough water to cover the tops of the potatoes with a couple inches of water. Place the large pot of potatoes and water over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil. Boil your potatoes for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through (you can tell by piercing one with a knife).
- Drain the potatoes and place them back into the pot or into a large bowl of preference. Using either an immersion blender or beaters, blend the potatoes with the heavy cream, asiago cheese and butter until they are smooth and creamy. Fold in the fresh thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
If you place your potatoes straight into a pot of boiling water, they will become very grainy and starchy. It is best to always bring your potatoes and water up to a boil at the same time.