There was a time after Christmas and the New Years that I didn’t have any dessert in the house. I don’t know what happened, but it was a tragedy! How do I have nothing on hand? Not even a parcel of a cookie was left. To say it was a disaster is an understatement. Not even a box of brownie mix was in the cupboards. Sitting there in a total disastrous state, a light bulb went off in my head! MUG CAKES. Mug cakes are the answer to any quick and urgent dessert request! All the wonderful fudgy, moist flavor of a chocolate cake in the palm of your hand, literally. You can have a spoonful of chocolate cake in your mouth in under 5 minutes, how great is that?!
I love how fun and easy these Mocha Fudge Mug Cakes are. They are packed full of all the chocolate flavor you could dream of with a hint of espresso to keep you going back for more. Top these off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dusting of espresso powder and a few extra chocolate chips for good measure. Dig in with a spoon and be as happy as a bug in a rug.
Who would’ve thought that you could make a cake in a mug in your microwave? It’s pure genius if you ask me. I’m a chocoholic, so the more chocolate chips the better! The espresso powder doesn’t overpower the chocolate, but accents it and gives it a deeper, more rich flavor. They are match made in heaven and given to you in a mug. I don’t think it can get much better than that. Toss all of the ingredients into your favorite mug, whisk it all together, microwave it for a little over a minute, top it off however you desire and then dig in to the mug cake of your dreams.
Have your cake and eat it too, and in under 5 minutes! 🙂
Mocha Fudge Mug Cakes
I love how fun and easy these Mocha Fudge Mug Cakes are. They are packed full of all the chocolate flavor you could dream of with a hint of espresso to keep you going back for more. Top these off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dusting of espresso powder and a few extra chocolate chips for good measure. Dig in with a spoon and be as happy as a bug in a rug. Cake in under 5 minutes and in the palm of your hand.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Total Time: 6 minutes 30 seconds
- Yield: 1 mug cake
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk, such as 2%
- 3 tablespoons oil, such as vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe mug, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and espresso powder until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Whisk in the oil, milk and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips into the batter until combined. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove the mug cake from the microwave and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Top the mug cake with desired toppings such vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips or a dusting of extra espresso powder.