Happy first day of Winter! This is one of my husband’s and I favorite seasons of the year, are we crazy? Oh, well! When Winter officially rolls around, all that I want is good, old-fashioned comfort food. The classics. Food you grew up eating and have so many memories with. Food that is hassle-free and brings warm and comfort to your table. Just like this Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Get ready for your house to smell amazing!
As I have said before, you can never go wrong with a classic dish! Unless you just don’t like pot roast, then you could probably go wrong. But this Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast is hard to beat! Flavorful ingredients that are prepared in a simple way make for the best, wholesome flavor.
Now, there’s two types of pot roast eaters. Those who like the mushy carrots and potatoes that are soaked in all juices from cooking with the roast all day, and those who don’t. I, unfortunately, am one who does not. I know, it’s such a controversial issue. I prefer a more fresh, roasted veggie to go along with my pot roast, so I tend to just roast some carrots and potatoes on a sheet pan about an hour before I plan on serving dinner. If you are a carrot and potato in with the roast type of person, you will notice that this recipe does not include it. Just simply add in your choice of carrots and potatoes on top of the roast and your potato, carrot and roast dreams will come true.
With the holidays just around the corner, this simple recipe can ease your mind about getting dinner on the table. Whether you’re feeding family and guests, or just trying to not eat out every night before Christmas (because who wants to do more dishes than they have to?!), this Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast is here for you.
Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 – 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Place the chuck roast in the bottom of an average-size slow cooker. Pour the beef stock all around the sides of the roast. Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the top of the roast. Add in the Worcestershire sauce and chopped garlic evenly over the top as well. Arrange the chopped onion and rosemary sprigs around the sides of the roast. Seal the lid of the slow cooker according to package instructions.
- Cook the pot roast on high for 6 hours.
- Before serving, ladle the sauce out of the bottom of the slow cooker into a small saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce slightly. Serve the pot roast with desired veggies and sauce poured over the top.