Is dessert really a dessert if it doesn’t have chocolate in it? I mean, if it doesn’t have chocolate in it, then you can justify calling it “coffee cake” or even just “breakfast.” I’m all for pie and cobbler for breakfast! I may be biased on this whole chocolate topic, because I am sipping on some chocolate milk as we speak. Let’s just talk brownies. Ultimate Fudge Brownies, that is.
Brownies are one of the most picture perfect chocolate desserts, if you ask me! When they’re still slightly warm from baking away in the oven and the chocolate melts all over your hands when you eat it, that is when you can fully enjoy a brownie. I’m still all about the crunchy edge pieces, though! These Ultimate Fudge Brownies bring home all the bacon. The fudge reaches all new levels in this decadent bite. Chocolate chips swirled and baked into a cocoa rich brownie and then topped with a fudge frosting so good you’ll be licking the spoon.
Brownies are such an awesome nostalgic treat to eat. It’s hard to find someone who has never had a brownie! Whether it’s just because or for a special occasion or holiday, these Ultimate Fudge Brownies will be gone before you know it. You can top them off with a scoop of ice cream to make your own little sundae, or nibble on these in the middle of the night when no one is looking.
Bake up a batch of these brownies to see what the ultimate fudge is all about. Has anyone ever regretted eating a brownie? Maybe two or three? 🙂
Ultimate Fudge Brownies
For the brownie batter:
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the fudge frosting:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly between each addition and wiping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture into the butter and sugars until a dough forms and the ingredients are combined. Stir in the 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.
- Spray and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 35-38 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- To make the fudge frosting, bring the heavy cream to a very low simmer in a small saucepan. Whisk in the dark chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and continue to whisk until the mixture is melted together and smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Be careful to not let the mixture boil.
- Pour the fudge frosting over the top of the slightly cooled brownies and spread to all the edges to cover evenly. Let the frosting set for 10-15 minutes prior to cutting. Enjoy!