Happy National Hot Cocoa Day! Could this quite possibly be one of the greatest days of the year? Yes, indeed. Especially if you have a mug of this Espresso Hot Chocolate in hand!
A day centered around warm, liquid chocolate in a cute little mug is a good day in my books. This Espresso Hot Chocolate is a fun twist on the classic favorite. Go ahead and put those packets of cocoa mix back in the cupboard, because you won’t be needing them anymore!
Do you want to know what is so great about this hot chocolate recipe? Not only is it hot chocolate, but it has a full serving of espresso in it to get your coffee fix! That’s right, you could drink this for your coffee in the morning and have it be completely justifiable. That is basically winning at life.
Cozy up with your jammies and your slippers, fill your mug full with this Espresso Hot Chocolate, dollop some whipped cream on top and sip your way into chocolate bliss. Talk about a drink that would be perfect for Christmas morning!
Espresso Hot Chocolate
makes 2 servings
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- Whipped cream for topping
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, bring the milk to a very low simmer. Whisk in the chocolate chips, cocoa powder and espresso powder. Avoid boiling. Whisk until smooth and frothy, about a couple minutes.
- Pour into desired mugs and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of additional espresso powder.