We’re back from vacation and ready to rock and roll through this work week! Even with his broken leg, the hubs is ready to take it on. Since John broke his right leg on our first day in Hawaii, I have become the designated driver until he gets his cast off (4-6 weeks to go!). Yep, that’s right. My schedule is going to adjust to match his and where he needs to go, he may not be able to do as much housework as normal and the holiday extravaganzas are about to start. But you know what, that’s ok! Yes it’s a total bummer that he broke his leg on vacation, but we laughed about it and are looking at this as a time to slow down even more, spend time serving each other in different ways than normal and to soak in the time we get to spend together.
Since he broke his leg on our Hawaiian vacation, we weren’t able to do as many of the activities that we hoped to do. Which was ok, because we spent that time eating delicious food! Instead of burning the calories, we were intaking them :). Vacation is such a wonderful time to adventure, try new foods and totally indulge yourself. We bank on it every time. That means it’s time to get back on track and fuel our bodies with healthy, powerful and vitamin-rich goodies to keep us going strong. This Wilted Kale Salad does just the trick.
I absolutely love this Wilted Kale Salad and it is one of my go-to ways to serve up kale. Its healthy and delicious, so what more could you ask for? I can even get John to gobble down some kale with this scrumptious recipe! Another amazing thing about it, it is simple ingredients cooked in a quick and simple way to get a flavorful dish.
This wonderful Wilted Kale Salad can be eaten as is on it’s own with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, served as a side dish to any weeknight dinner or holiday meal, topped with protein such as chicken, shrimp, steak or tofu to be a complete meal, or eaten as a quick and healthy lunch to keep you going. Whip it up and be ready to eat in under 20 minutes!
Wilted Kale Salad
- 1 small/medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 10 oz chopped kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved Parmesan for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add in the red onions and saute until translucent and slightly caramelized about 5-8 minutes, avoiding any burning. Add in the honey and white balsamic vinegar and saute and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped kale to the skillet, pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the top and stir to combine the kale with the red onions, honey and white balsamic vinegar. Saute for several minutes or until the kale is just slightly wilted and starting to cook. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm immediately with Parmesan shavings on top.