Nothing beats being able to toss everything for dinner in the oven, let it roast away and not have to worry about the fuss or hassle to get it on the table. These Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Wedges fit that bill and are packed full of flavor! They make your house smell amazingly sweet and delicious as they roast away in the oven and the brown sugar starts to caramelize all around them. What’s not to love? And you get the health benefits from the sweet potato! It really is a win-win situation.
No frills or anything fancy here, but honest, delicious and healthy food to set on your table. These Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Wedges are the perfect companion to any of your weeknight dinner entrees, holiday meals, or family get-togethers. I paired them with my Lemon Herb Butter Roasted Chicken and it was a match made in heaven.
You know what is also great about these flavorful wedges? You can reuse them! I used the leftovers from the Lemon Herb Butter Roasted Chicken and these Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Wedges and turned them into a delicious chicken pot pie! The sweet potatoes took the place of the carrots in a typical chicken pot pie and it was like a bite of Fall in every spoonful taken.
You won’t be disappointed by the simplicity and deliciousness that these sweet potato wedges deliver!
Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch thick wedges with skins on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potato wedges, olive oil, brown sugar, seasoned salt, thyme and cinnamon until all of the sweet potato wedges are coated evenly.
- Evenly lay the sweet potato wedges flat on a non-stick baking sheet, you may need to use 2 baking sheets depending on the size. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the sweet potato wedges are cooked through and caramelized on the outside. Flip the wedges over halfway through the cooking process to insure caramelization on both sides of the wedges.