You guys, fall is just around the corner! YES. It’s by far one of my favorite seasons of the year because of the beautiful weather, trees turning color, comfort food, family, the anticipation of the upcoming holidays and that it’s socially acceptable to wear yoga pants and sweats anytime. But as you know me, right now is also one of my favorite times of the year because of PEACHES. Just when I was down and low because the peach guy said that he was out of peaches and selling pears instead (what?!!), my Mom came through with a pre-ordered lug of peaches that she had already purchased! A whole new lug of peaches to fuel my love/addiction! :).
If you have never gotten a case of fresh, Colorado peaches straight from the source (not the grocery store, they just aren’t the same!) then you need to get your hands on some! They are so fresh, sweet and juicy – they just don’t compare! This sangria certainly benefits from their sweet, juicy goodness. The addition of fresh strawberries just makes this a glass full of goodness.
With Fall just around the corner and football season starting up, it’s the season for family and friends to gather around. The weather is still nice enough for grilling out and a pitcher of this sangria is the perfect addition to bring some life to the party. Casually sip on a glass of this sangria while you make your way through the Crock-Pot line and pile on the little smokies. We all know that we just gotta have the lil’ smokies.
Slice up the fruit, pour in the goods and just let this sangria do its thing – thats all you have to do! Its simplicity wins.
Strawberry Peach Sangria
- 3 peaches, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 bottle of Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- Pick your fizz! Either: 2 cups of tonic water, 2 cups of champagne, or a can of lemon-lime soda (only choose one)
- Place the sliced peaches and strawberries in the bottom of a pitcher.
- Pour the wine, rum and your choice of fizz over the fruit and lightly stir to combine all the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!