If you know me, my all-time, favorite, go-to every night dessert is Nutella and bananas (‘Tella and nanas). It’s my dessert love and I don’t mess with it – just slice up a banana and eat it with a nice dollop of Nutella. It makes me happy happy happy and I will not eat Nutella any other way as a dessert. But then I made No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream, and that very slightly started to open me up to the idea of eating Nutella and any other way. And then I made this galette…what is wrong with me?! Oh Nutella, how I love you so. I will always resort back to my ‘Tella and nanas.
I love LOVE galettes, because let’s be honest, its a lazy pie. And lazy pie is a good thing. You just roll out the crust, fill it on up with goodies galore, fold over the edges and let the oven do the rest of the work. Sounds good to me! Strawberry season is up on us and this is such a fun, nutty, chocolatey way to enjoy them. Plus, it’s minimal effort so you can give a wow with a little how. Wow, how, now, pow. You get the idea. You just need to make it for yourself to believe it. And trust me, it won’t last long!
You can slice it and serve it up nicely, or just pass some forks around and let everyone dig in. Dollop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and call it a party.
This post is not sponsored by Nutella – I JUST LOVE IT THAT MUCH.
Chocolate Hazelnut Strawberry Galette
- 1 round pie crust (store bought or favorite homemade recipe)
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 16 oz strawberries, tops removed and cut length-wise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll your pie crust out onto a baking sheet. Spread 1/4 cup of the chocolate hazelnut spread in a circle starting at the middle of the pie crust and leaving 2 inches of crust on the sides.
- Layer the strawberries in a flower-like pattern on top of the chocolate hazelnut spread until all the strawberry pieces are used. Fold the extra 2 inches of pie crust over the strawberries to create a folded edge. Work your way all around the strawberries in this fashion.
- Sprinkle the top of the strawberries and crust with the brown sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the strawberries are cooked through and starting to bubble. Don’t worry if the juices leak out of the bottom.
- Microwave the remaining chocolate hazelnut spread for about 20-30 seconds, or until it is more smooth and runny. Drizzle the top of the galette with the melted chocolate hazelnut spread and serve while still warm.