Sprinkles everywhere! What could be better? How ’bout adding in some cake, ice cream and of course some ice cream cones! I just can’t get over how fun this little dessert is! The idea of it came to me while I was laying in bed wide awake dreaming of funfetti cake and then ice cream and then LIGHT BULB in my head. Mind blown – Funfetti Cake Ice Cream. Dreams made. I was then content with myself and rolled over and fell asleep all snuggled up next to the hubs.
I, of course, had to make it a no-churn version because sometimes simplicity is key. This fun dessert can take you less than 20 minutes to whip up, but then you just have to have the self patience to wait until it sets in the freezer. Best action plan is to whip it up before you go to bed so then you can just fall asleep to funfetti cake ice cream dreams and wake up to frozen, creamy perfection. You shouldn’t have to torture yourself that way of having to actually be awake while you wait for this beauty, but if you have no other option I wish you the best luck.
Birthday celebrations or just for fun, this ice cream will win hearts and take names. Plus, who doesn’t love sprinkles?! They just make your life happier and full of sunshine. Since the recipe only calls for 2 cups of cubed yellow cake, I would recommend either buying a pre-made yellow cake (pound cake would work great) or you can mix up your own batch and have some extra cake to nibble on while you wait for the ice cream to freeze. Both are great options if you ask me.
No-Churn Funfetti Cake Ice Cream
- 2 cups yellow cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1 – 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake cones for serving if desired
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold in the sweetened condensed milk, cake, sprinkles and vanilla into the whipped cream, careful to not over-mix.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe vessel (I use my loaf bread pan) and top with a few extra sprinkles prior to freezing.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 4-6 hours prior to serving. It will keep well in the freezer for about a week.