Need a go-to dinner recipe to have up your sleeve? Here you go! Chipotle Peach Pork, Chipotle Peach Pork, Chipotle Peach Pork, Chipotle Peach Pork…try saying that five times fast! I sure can’t! Little tidbit about me: I couldn’t say cinnamon right for the longest time! It would take me awhile to get this one down. Even if it can be a tongue twister, it is a tastebud pleaser! This somewhat accidental recipe has turned into a new family favorite and I am completely ok with that.
Not only is this recipe jam-packed full of flavor, but you guys YOU CAN EAT IT LIKE 2736192486 different ways! Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but you can seriously eat this pork so many ways! Top it off in a burrito bowl, salad, taco, roll it up in an enchilada, slice it up and serve it fancy with gravy from the drippings and mashed potatoes, toss it in to make a pork roast pot pie, serve it up for breakfast with a sunny-side up egg, crumble it into a hash, whisk it into a quiche, and the list could keep going. You’re welcome.
Here are my two favorite ways to serve it:
Taco/Burrito Style and Fancy Style (sliced).
If you are going to serve it up fancy style, just simply slice the roast after the appropriate amount of cook time and serve it with a gravy made out of the drippings left over in the slow cooker. Simply ladle the drippings into a sauce pan over medium-high heat and reduce the liquid down, skimming off any fat in the process. Make a roux out of a tablespoon of flour and 2 tablespoons of drippings, and whisk it into the reduced drippings. Voila! There’s your gravy. Serve it up with mashed potatoes and a green and you are all set.
Or take it taco style, which is obviously what I chose to do here, and serve it up with the Coconut Rice. Here are some must-have topping and pairing ideas:
- pico de gallo
- mango salsa
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro/green onions
- black beans
and the list could go on.
So whatever way you choose to serve it or top it, I hope that it becomes one of your family favorites as well. Plus, its made in a slow-cooker and is better the next day as leftovers, what could be better?
PS – this recipe will also work great even if your pork loin roast is frozen as well!
Slow-Cooker Chipotle Peach Pork Roast with Coconut Rice
For the pork:
- 1 3-4lb pork loin roast
- 16 oz frozen peaches
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
For the rice:
- 2 cups rice (white or brown)
- 2 cups water
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
For the pork:
- Place the pork loin roast in the bottom of a medium-large slow cooker and top the loin roast with the chili powder, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Cover the pork with the peaches, onions, garlic and the chicken stock.
- With the lid on, set the slow cooker on low heat for 8 hours. Shred or slice the pork loin roast before serving in the cooking liquids to retain moisture.
For the rice:
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the water and coconut milk to a low boil. Add in the rice, cover with a lid and reduce to a medium simmer until all the liquid has been cooked into the rice. About 20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the green onions and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.