Sometimes you just need a little boost of energy, a mid-day snack, or a pre-workout jump to get you going and these little bites are just the thing! Not only do they come together easily, but they sure disappear just as easy! I love the fact that you can make your own energy bites (or bars!) and know all the goodies that are going into it. Wholesome little treat that you and your family will love! You just won’t be able to resist walking by these without popping one in your mouth (or two!).
Depending on the type of protein powder you use, you may need to refrigerate these little bites. Most protein powders will note if they need to be refrigerated, so just go by the instructions listed. Otherwise these little bundles should be good to last you awhile! That is if they last that long. This recipe can take any form, so bites or bars will both work great! If you are making bars, you just simply press the mixture into the bottom of 9×9 or 13×9 pam (depending on thickness level desired) that is lined with parchment or wax paper. Top them off with some extra chocolate chips and nuts and you are set to go!
A wholesome little recipe that you can have up your sleeve, and they are good for you too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 serving protein powder (typically around 31 grams)
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until equally combined.
- Working in 1 tablespoon increments, roll the chocolate peanut butter protein mixture in between your palms to form balls until all of the mixture is used. Let sit in a covered container for about 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the oats to soften slightly. Continue to store in covered container until eaten.